Friday, April 19, 2013

The Intro

I'm not really sure how to start this, since I'm new to the blogging world and all, so I guess I'll just jump in!

My name is Jami. When I was a child, I was very imaginative, and the type that had my whole life planned out pretty early on. By about 11 or 12 years old, I was wishing it were possible to skip high school all together and go straight to college. I was ready to get things started! I wanted to get a few degrees, have "lots of letters" behind my name, and do something with my life that made a real difference in the lives of others. I just knew I was going to marry my high school sweetheart, have two or three children, and somehow stay at home with them AND work (ya know, the changing lives thing). I never really thought about how all that would work out, but I knew it would.

When I was fifteen, "the hubs" and I started dating. About three months later, we knew this was it. After high school came college and the Master's degree I had wanted for so long. The hubs and I were married in 2010, and our son, "the dude," was born in September 2011. Now I am a wife, and a full-time stay at home mom with a part-time job that takes me away from home only a couple days a week. This is where the blog site comes from; the idea of wanting "everything," and then starting to get it!

Please understand this blog is not one of boasting, nor of complaining of having too much--although I cannot promise there will never be a little complaining about other insignificant things. Lately I've found myself thinking that when a person is so blessed as to have so many dreams come to fruition, she cannot just sit around idly. No, each goal of mine that has been met, each prayer that has been answered has come with duties, responsibilities, and the requirement of being a good steward of each. And that, my new friends, is what this blog is about. Having different titles or roles in life requires great balancing skills, especially when one of those is "mother." Each day, I work to be the best mom I can be, the best wife I can be, and the best I can be at my "away from home" job. Some days I do an acceptable job, other days I feel like a failure in one area or another, but each evening I go to bed hoping and praying to do better, to be better, tomorrow.

So what do you do to stay balanced? To be a good steward of your gifts? Thanks for reading, feel free to comment always, and of course, following is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment