Friday, April 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!
I came across this fun series through Grace's blog several months ago, and couldn't wait to get my own blog started so I could join the fun! The series originated here. This is my first attempt, so bear with me as I'm not sure of all the "rules," if there are any! :)

 1. It's not unusual that I come across fashion trends I just don't get. Currently, I just don't get the whole Peter Pan collar thing. Didn't look so good on Peter, and I seriously haven't seen an example of it looking good on ANYBODY over the age of 4. Can someone explain this one to me?

 2. I need a good book to read! The last book I read / re-read was The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas. I read it for the first time in high school and several times since. It seems each time I read it, some new detail or way of thinking grabs hold of my mind, and as was in this case, my soul. I gave up Facebook for Lent this year in an effort to spend more time with the hubs and to give more effort to my spiritual life. I truly believe God put the memory of this book on my mind because he intended to use it to mold my heart again. Seriously, if you haven't read this book, check it out!

 3. How frustrating is a newly independent 18 month old?!? The dude is wanting to do more and more things for himself, which is great, don't get me wrong. It's amazing to watch him grow and learn new things every day, but it seems more often than not he's learning something I wish he hadn't just yet. For example: how to open the storm door and sprint outside; how to activate the weather radio and scare the crap out of his terrified-of-bad-weather mom; use a chair to climb up onto the table and run across it to adjust the thermostat at my mom's house; and lest I forget, how to very sneakily unplug the router and leave me wondering what's wrong with the internet for the better part of a day.

 4. Staying on the subject of wonderfully-frustrating kiddos, how do you deal with picky-eaters? As a picky-eater myself, I'm really struggling with this one. I don't want to force my children to eat something they don't like, but I don't know what to do when it's something he likes but refuses to eat because he just doesn't want it. Should I offer something else? Should I set a limit at only x-number of choices?? Advice welcomed!

 5. OK last kid-related quick-take, I promise! Have you seen this video? Cracks me up every time!


6. As you know, I'm new to the blogging world, both as a blogger and a follower. I do have a few faves tho, who unknowingly inspired me to give this a go. Check them out here, here, and here. I've also stumbled one these two just this week-- this one about being a SAHM, and this one, which belongs to a new "real-life" friend. Enjoy!

7. I don't have any real big plans for the weekend, which is a good thing. It's been a busy busy week, dear readers, the good kind of busy where I was able to get a lot accomplished. The only thing I wasn't able to do enough of was play! And that is what I intend to do all weekend! I hope you have a great weekend, and I hope you play as much as possible too!

Comment away!

5 comments:

  1. yay! glad you joined up.

    that YouTube is hilarious. Simon and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Currently waiting for the hubs to finish watching a movie so I can show it to him too! I giggled all day just thinking about this one... :)

      Delete
  2. The video and the part about the peter pan collar are too funny. My husband and I have had that same discussion on the collar thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari! Glad I'm not the only one in the dark on that one!

      Delete
  3. Haha this made me laugh so hard, I cant wait to start my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete