Saturday, May 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!



Linking up with Jen again for one of my favorite blog series!

1. Blogging is not as easy as I thought it would be. :( Although the hubs would vehemently disagree, I don't seem to have quite as much to talk about as I thought. Maybe I should rephrase that--I don't have as many blog-worthy things to talk about. Then again, maybe I'm filtering out too many ideas...

2. I hate basketball. HATE. If the finals had ended yesterday, it would not have been soon enough. Basketball makes me long for football season...at least we don't have to watch football every.single.day.

3. The dude has a new found obsession with accessories. His dad is not real excited about it. A few weeks ago, as we were heading out the door to a doctor's appointment, the dude and I walked back into the house because I'd forgotten my sunglasses. They just so happened to be on the table next to his, and he insisted on wearing his too, and so it began. New favorite place to wear sunglasses? Church. This evening, he was making sweet eyes at a much older girl sitting behind us while lowering his shades to glance at her over the lenses. And then there's the shoes...the boy loves his shoes! Captured this gem yesterday...

Captain America t-shirt, sweatpants, and dress shoes, because that's how we roll.

4. The hubs finished another semester of grad school this week! Yay!! Only 2 more to go before graduation!

5. Next week is the last week of my part-time contracted job until August. I've already started a mental to-do list for the summer, mostly little projects--ok, mostly pins, because I'm addicted to Pinterest.

6. My best friend is graduating from college next week, and we celebrated with dinner last night. What a fun excuse to get all dolled up and get out of the house alone! We met at my house and drove to a really neat local restaurant for dinner. The nearly 24 hours of thunderstorms ended just before it was time to head out, and we only had to wait about five minutes for a table--unheard of at this popular joint! We each had a little cocktail, some appetizers, and our entrees were dee-lish! We talked and talked and laughed, probably a bit too loudly for the quiet atmosphere...but hey, it was fun!

7. I celebrated Mother's Day early with my little family today, and it was wonderful! I'll save the break-down for a future post, but I hope all of you have a wonderfully relaxing Mother's Day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment